Practical Information Regarding SSDI And SSI
Applying for Social Security on your own means that you do not have access to the legal and practical knowledge that Mark Di Carlo has acquired in his three decades of representing clients in disability claims. For example, here are facts that you probably did not know about Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI):
- Substance issues (i.e., drug and alcohol abuse) can be used as a reason to deny you Social Security Disability benefits. Make sure to disclose this information to your attorney so that you can work on an effective plan of action.
- The more education you have, generally the harder it is to win your case.
- A lack of bimanual dexterity — that is, limited use of your hands, caused perhaps by arthritis — can be an important factor in finding you disabled from working.
- The older you are, the easier it is to win your case.
- Vocational experts are frequently called in to testify at Social Security Administration hearings. It is important that you have an attorney to question them.
Applying for Social Security benefits can be an extremely long and frustrating process when you lack the resources and knowledge provided by an experienced attorney. As you can see, your attorney can provide you with valuable insight that can make the difference in getting benefits.
Don’t Apply For Disability Benefits While In The Dark
Schedule a free initial consultation today with an experienced SSDI and SSI lawyer to find out everything you need to know about the application and appeals processes. Corpus Christi attorney Mark Di Carlo can be reached online or by telephone at 800-584-5798.